I am a web and software developer living and working in Derbyshire in the United Kingdom.
I have experience of Orchard and Wordpress, as well as other Content Management Systems, but the majority of my work is "hand coded" and custom written to specification.
What I do...
- I create ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Core MVC websites and web applications using the Razor view engine and modular, maintainable, C# 7 code backed by Entity Framework, NHibernate as well as raw SQL and Postgres SQL for data access.
- I write clean semantic HTML5 utilising progressive-enhancement techniques to provide fallback for legacy browsers that do not support the feature or element used.
- I generate standards compliant CSS3 code and layouts using Gulp compiled Sass as a pre-processor along with custom mixins which allow maximum cross browser compatability with vendor prefixes with fallback properties for features that have not yet reached full adoption.
- I use Git and other Source Control systems to manage code and releases - branching and rebasing commits to keep well organised and structured changes.
- I deploy and manage websites and applications using Amazon Web Services infrastructure, including Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS, SES, Route 53 and Cloudfront.